Church Directory -
We are working on putting together a new church directory for members and regular attenders. Because we are using a different program than before, we are asking each family to fill out a directory form. Each family has one in their church mailbox. If you do not have a mailbox number assigned to you please look for your form at the Welcome Center. You will be assigned a mailbox when your form is turned in. Thanks so much for helping update all the info in our directory.Live Stream on FaceBook -
This Sunday, October 11 and Sunday, October 18, we will be testing our live stream broadcast on our FaceBook page. We will place a few posts on our FaceBook page announcing this, and we are asking you to share those posts on your FaceBook timeline.Senior Trip -
The next Senior Trip will be to The Barn Restaurant, surrounding shops, and feeding the ducks (weather permitting) in Smithville, Ohio on Saturday, 10/17/2020. We will leave in the church van at 11:00 a.m. and return by 3:30 p.m. Please sign up on the Welcome Center or contact the church office if you plan to go. Questions? Ask Butch Wilhelm. [email protected]Sunday School -
We will now have two Sunday School classes for our children. One for Preschool and Kindergarten, meeting in Room #4 (Cubbies Room) and one for 1st grade - Sixth Grade, meeting in Room #3. If you'd like to serve by being a helper for either of those classes, we are currently looking for adult helpers to aid the teachers for those classes. Helpers will serve one month at a time, four months out of the year. Please talk to Katti Simkanin if you'd like to serve in this way. [email protected]Children's Church
- We are also going to add a Children's Church class during our main service time beginning at 10:45 a.m. for children Preschool - 1st grade. Four teachers are needed, serving one month at a time. This class will begin as soon as we have teachers.
What a wonderful way to serve the Lord by teaching our precious youth. Let Katti Simkanin know if you have interest. [email protected] AWANA -
We will meet Sunday night with our opening in the gym. October 11 is Inside Out Night!
! Wear your clothes inside out for AWANA bucks!! If you do not have a uniform yet, please wear a shirt the color of your club and you will get credit for a uniform until the order comes in. Women’s Bible Study
- This week we are going over Chapter 3 of our study book, "Be Comforted". Choose your day and time: Sunday evenings, 6:00 p.m., Tuesday mornings, 10:00 a.m., or Thursday evenings, 7:00 p.m. Please email LeAnna Burdett
if you have any questions.Men's Fellowship/Bible Study
- Sunday Evening Men's Study & Fellowship meet weekly at 6:00 PM in Conference Room 1: CHURCH HISTORY OF THE PAST 2,000 YEARS ... INCLUDING THE PATH OF THE BIBLE.
We will look at how Christianity and the written Word made it to the present time, including the events and men for and against Christianity as well as the history of the various biblical manuscripts and how they affect the Bible we have today. This will be mostly a teaching/discussion format. No books are required to purchase. For more info, please contact John Fergis
YOUTH GROUP - The youth group meets each Wednesday in the youth room at 7:00 p.m. Join us for a fun time as we study the book of 1 Thessalonians. See you there!! Questions? Contact Jake Sladkey 440-487-3469.
- We need your help!
Candi and I would like to use the bulletin board by the Welcome Center to encourage our church to pray for all our students. Will parents (or students) please email me your student’s name, grade, and school, along with a picture as soon as possible If there is info you don’t want on the board let me know, we’ll work around all of that.
This includes students from Pre-school through College. If you have already turned in your picture, we appreciate it so much! We'd love to get this board done soon, so thanks for sending the pictures asap.
Thanks so much!
Heidi Knarr[email protected]Monroe Orchard Opportunity
- This is our last Saturday to volunteer at Monroe Orchards for their Fall Festival which helps raise money for our youth group. We need 6 more people to fulfill our comittment. *Saturday, October 10, we will meet at Monroe Orchard at noon to receive instructions so we can begin our volunteer time from 1:00 - 4:30 PM. A big THANK YOU for helping us this week!
Address: Monroe Orchard, 6313 Pioneer Trail in Hiram, OH
Time: 1:00 - 5:00 PM (Arrive at noon for instructions)
Contact Shelli Fergis at 240-620-4086 to sign up or find more information. ACME
- It’s that time of year again for Acme’s Community Cash Back Program. Save your receipts. When you purchase Acme Fresh Market Store Brands, Acme will give 5% cash back. (Acme brands: TopCare, Crav’n, Food Club, Tippy Toes, Simply Done, Essential Everyday, That’s Smart! Sweet P’s, Acme Fresh Market, Paws Happy Life, Wide Awake Coffee Co., Full Circle Market, Pure Harmony, Over the Top). The 5% cash back goes towards Women’s Ministries. Place your receipts in the designated box located on the Women's Minstries table. Thank you!
Financial Gifts - There are three ways that you can give during this time:
- by mailing your check to Grace Church at 4808 Tallmadge Road, PO Box 208, Rootstown, OH 44272;
- by giving online through the Grace Church of Rootstown website; and,
- by giving online banking at your bank or credit union. The donation to be made to Grace Church of Rootstown, 4808 Tallmadge Road, PO Box 208, Rootstown, Ohio 44272.
If you choose to give through the church website, the fee charged to the church is considerably less (just $0.25) if you choose to use the ACH option. Grace Church is NOT charged a fee when you write a physical check or use your online banking through your bank or credit union.