Advent is a word that simply means “coming” or “visit”. Just as Israel awaited and hoped for the first Advent of Christ, believers today await for the second coming. The first advent, Christ came as an innocent babe, born in a manger. However, at Christ’s second coming, He will return as a victorious King, who will rule in righteousness.
Some 700 years prior to Jesus' birth, the Prophet Isaiah proclaimed these words:
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
This Advent season, we will be looking at the narrative of Luke in the anticipation of the Christ child.
- November 28 - Birth of John the Baptist Foretold - Luke 1:5-24
- December 5 - Birth of Jesus Foretold - Luke 1:26-38
- December 12 - Mary's Song of Praise - Luke 1:39-56
- December 20 - Zechariah's Prophecy - Luke 1:67-80
- December 24 (Christmas Eve) - Luke 2:1-20
Join us this Advent Season in person on Sundays at 10:45 AM, or livestream:
- Grace Church Web Page - https://www.gracechurchrootstown.com/live
- FaceBook Live - https://www.facebook.com/GraceChurchRootstown
- YouTube Live - https://www.youtube.com/GraceChurchofRootstown
Advent Devotional - This Christmas season, the elders are recommending a devotional by Paul Tripp, Come Let Us Adore Him: A Daily Advent Devotional. Each of the thirty-one devotions also includes a Scripture reading and notes for parents and children, equipping us to do the one thing that matters most each December—celebrate Jesus.
Currently, this devotional can be found at the following link: https://us.10ofthose.com/come-let-us-adore-him-a-daily-advent-devotional-9781433556692/
If you have questions, feel free to email or call us at 330-325-7174 (Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM).